Writer, actor, entertainer and disability advocate, Quentin Kenihan has passed away at age 43. Quentin first rose to fame when he was interviewed by Mike Willesee as a child. Since then, he has travelled the world interviewing the rich and famous, written a book and appeared in movies including Mad Max: Fury Road.
As Quentin’s manager, Abby Edwards notes;
“Quentin Kenihan was exceptional. A social commentator, disability advocate and champion for the vulnerable.
An actor, writer, inspirer and influencer who pushed the boundaries.
He defied all medical and spiritual boundaries others placed on him. He lived large. He was the bravest, coolest, funniest and most courageous guy I had the pleasure of knowing. And clever. So very clever.
Every time I talked to him or saw him I told him I loved him, and he told me the same. I am thankful for that and all the laughs.
What an over achiever as well – his own television show, an author, a radio personality, fulfilling his dream of acting in Mad Max: Fury Road and most recently running for Adelaide City Council. He would have won as well!!
I am heartbroken. I will miss you my dear friend. You were brilliant!
Your legacy will live on and on. Go in peace mate!”
Forever seeking to make a positive impact, Quentin’s most recent work has been on pursuing election to the Adelaide city Council
He has been bringing his focus and attention to the rights for children of all abilities to play together
Thoughts and prayers have streamed in from the disability community, the entertainment industry and the broader public.
For a kid never meant to make it to his teenage years, 43 is still too young to depart. @qkenihan told me “cope with the bad, celebrate the good.” He had a lot to celebrate. pic.twitter.com/R9A7e35tEW
— Ray Martin (@RayMartin) October 7, 2018
I’m sorry to read @qkenihan has died. He had so much more to do on this earth. Thinking of everyone who loves him.
— Carly Findlay (@carlyfindlay) October 7, 2018
So sorry to hear this. Thinking of his family and friends
— Lucy M Richardson ♿ (@lucymrichardson) October 7, 2018
Devastating news. My little mate , the bravest bloke I ever met… gone . We will meet again … @qkenihan . Not confined any more …
Between your interviews, your book, your one man show, your zany little movies …what a creative and productive life.
Lots of love.
— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) October 7, 2018
So deeply saddened to hear of the passing of darling @qkenihan last night. I only spoke with him a day ago & he reminded me we had been mates for 27years. What an incredible man with a heart that overflowed with kindness Rip dear man 😢🌹🌟 pic.twitter.com/LBO6M00y3E
— Rhonda Burchmore (@rhondaburchmore) October 7, 2018
Can’t quite believe I won’t chat to @qkenihan again. He was a cheeky, irrepressible, force of nature. A star of the silver screen. An entrepreneur, author, political activist and a mate. One of Adelaide’s finest. Farewell buddy.
— Adam Hills (@adamhillscomedy) October 7, 2018
— Wil Anderson (@Wil_Anderson) October 7, 2018
The SA Government has moved to co-fund a specialised inclusive playground in honour of Quentin, showing that his impact will continue on.
The state government has moved quickly to honour the memory of disability advocate & entertainer @qkenihan. It has promised to co-fund a specialised inclusive playground which was a great passion of the much-admired Adelaide battler. @mikesmithson7 #saparli #QuentinKenihan #7News pic.twitter.com/cI73Q1CbwS
— 7NEWS Adelaide (@7NewsAdelaide) October 8, 2018