Personal Carer/Assistant wanted for 42yr old family man with quadriplegia in Bangalow.
Village 2479. Experience preferred but not essential, willingness a must. Training provided. Early morning, evening and weekend shifts available.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Personal Care - Manual handling (rolling, slinging and hoisting), showering, toileting,
grooming, dressing etc..
- Domestic Duties - Household and vehicle cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, polishing, dusting, detailing etc..), laundry, washing, hanging, folding, sewing/mending, ironing etc... Cleaning of disability equipment (wheelchairs, shower commode, bed and mattress etc... Dishes (washing, drying, stacking etc...). Rubbish/waste disposal (sorting, composting and recycling), shopping, cooking and food preparation etc...
- Social and Civic Activities - Driving (disability/wheelchair van), accompanying and assisting to/at/from formal and informal events, appointments and engagements.
- Administration - Helping with correspondence (formal and informal), filing, dictation, typing and other basic office jobs
Applicants will require:
- Senior First Aid Cert
- Police Check/WWC
- Drivers License and Reliable Vehicle
- Smart Phone
- Flexibility and Reliability
- The Ability to Adapt and fit into a workplace that also doubles as a family home/environment
- The Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The Availability to cover the shifts of team members through sickness, holiday or otherwise
- A neat and tidy appearance
- A pleasant and friendly disposition
- Good written and oral communication skills
- To be physically fit and in good health
- Time management and organisational skills
- Long term availability
Pay Above Award
Contact Richard: [email protected]